Thursday, October 25, 2007

A day that I am glad is over...

Okay- today has been a terrible day! It has been a fight to get Gigi to go to sleep. It started last nite when it was time for bed and it took us two hours to get her down. I just attributed it to the chocolate cake from her birthday!!! Then this am she would not lay down and take her morning nap. So I decided I am not going to fight her. Parker was at mothers day out and I had a list a mile high to accomplish. I just let her play in the floor while I buzzed around here making a dent in the damage done by having two small kids and a list of chores!! It was 12:15 and I went to change Gigi and as I turned away for a brief 1/2 of a second, she fell off the changing table and hit the train table and rolled on her back. Now, I am normally very clam in situations like this except that when I turned around I did not see her and looked down and there she was laid on her back motionless. I freaked, tried to startle her, she did not move, I freaked, tried to call anyone, I freaked when no one answered, so I called 911 and as I was talking to the gentleman she started to cry. I was relieved to hear her cry and thankful that she was moving a little. I felt terrible and guilty. The fire department came lights and all. When they got here they came on into her room where I had not moved her. They looked her over and felt like she would be okay but that she more than likely had a small concussion and wanted to transport her by ambulance to Children's Hospital for evaluation. I could not get a hold of anyone and Parker needed to be picked up at 1:00. So I put Gigi in the car, went and got Parker, finally got my Mom- You know no matter how old you are you always just need your Mom- and came home to meet her. We watched Gigi and talked with the pediatrician and she is going to be okay except for the large purple knot on her head and the bruises to her leg. I just cried and cried all day about this incident and felt so bad for Gigi. She has this tendency to always hit her head. Todd says we are buying her a helmet. Thank you Lord for your grace in not letting anything be bad wrong with Gigi. When she had gotten it together and calmed down she kept saying "Bubba, Bubba" and I knew she would be okay. I am still up because I have to check on her every 30 minutes. So, to pass time I checked my email and a friend sent me this link on you tube. It made me laugh for the first time today. Check it out- It is so funny and so true. Thank you Mom for coming to my rescue and just dropping your job and busy day to come be with me. I love you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM

3 comments:

jessica said...

Friend i am so sorry! I would have freaked out too. I will call tomorrow to check on y'all and make sure you and Gigi are ok!
Love,
Jess

Keith and Meredith said...

Oh my gosh..what a crazy day? I'm so glad that everything turned out ok!
And thanks for that link, it's great! That woman has it so right...I'm going to forward that along to other moms I know (glad to know that we all speak the same Mom Speak!).

Julie Shaw said...

What a day Mel! I'm so glad that she is alright. It sounds like you all had a great time celebrating Gigi's birthday! I have to apologize because we were out of town for her birthday and I did not get my act together to get her present in the mail. So I will get to the post office sometime this week!! We love you guys!!