Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Maybe I should be a Housewife
Well- I have finally accomplished getting out of the house and going to work. I have longed to be able to put my foot back in the door of nursing and feel like I am a professional adult rather than a silly child. I was asked by Samford University to review with students in the Learning Lab skills of medication administration Tuesday and Wednesday nites from 6-9 this week. So, I ironed my uniform which felt so great to know that I was going to shower, get ready , put on makeup, and then look like a nurse in my uniform rather than a mom who has the not showered in 3 days look!! Reviewed my material so that one of the students could not show me out, and felt really good about leaving the kids here with Todd and going to work!!! I loved teaching and had a great turnout of students. I enjoyed being in my element and teaching about my passion- nursing. I occasionally even missed the kids and wondered what they were doing. I finished up about 9:30 pm and headed to the car. I phoned Todd to inquire about the kids and what they had done. He informed me that Parker all nite had been saying, "Dadda wok(work), Mamma ouse(house)!" It trilled me to know that he wanted me home and that he missed me and needed me to be there at the house where he felt I should be. I just love the little lessons that your kids teach you. So, I think that I have my work fix and am going to enjoy being at home with my little ones, especially since they think I am the best here at home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment