Saturday, October 13, 2007

Another Big move for Parker

So today we did house projects all afternoon, of course after the Alabama football game. My parents and Jen came over and helped out so much. I only wish that I had taken a picture of my garage before Jen, the organizational fairy, came and cleaned it up. I have the worst habit of keeping EVERYTHING and not knowing what to with any of it so I would open the door of the garage and throw it out to the "storage"!! So our cars never get pulled in , the kids can't find there toys for outside, and Todd's only place to retreat to, his workshop, is covered in stuff. So,I was on a mission to clean it all up with the help of Super Jen! And boy, (mean girls cause no boys helped us!!) my car was parked in there, the kids things were organized, I found some things I had been looking for, and Todd could not believe that I actually threw stuff away- that was probably the best feeling knowing that he was so shocked!!
We put screens on our windows and turned off the A/C!! And that is a great feeling my mind knowing that our power bill will be less than $250 this month! It got alittle chilly during the nite with just he windows up- I love that it is looking and feeling like fall!!
And then we moved the kids rooms around. Since Todd works at mite the bed has been in Gigi's room for him to sleep in during the day. The horrible thing is that Gigi cannot live without her bed- I mean what princess can't- and so she was not taking her naps during the day which was causing this mama alot of stress. So we decided to move the bed into Parker's room- since he is the easy going child and could nap on nails as long as his mama was there :)!! It made was flashback though as Todd and Dad were putting the full bed together and disassembling the crib part. It cannot have been alittle over two years that we were putting the crib together anxiously awaiting to meet Mr. Parker, and now he is a big boy sleeping in a big bed. Another moment where you are so proud yet about to burst out crying. So here are the pictures of the full bed makeover last nite and the crib assembly in the summer of 2005!!

1 comment:

Julie Shaw said...

congratulations Parker!! What big boys we now have!!