Thursday, October 11, 2007

Big Boy P


Today we have accomplished a great milestone in Parker's life. One that I thought would never arrive. I pictured this still happening when we dropped him off at college. He hates being left at Mother's day out. I mean screams, snot slings everywhere, every mother looks at me like do you really make him do this, and it troubles me as I leave. I have put him in Mother's day out to socialize with other kids and to give me a time to catch up on things at home while Gigi sleeps and then to have some time with her without Parker. I had reconsidered last week about keeping him in MDO and thought maybe it would be best to keep him at home. The teacher kept reassuring me that he did stop crying and he did enjoy it. But everytime I came at 1 pm to get him he was crying and his little brown eyes were puffy and red. So were mine because it crushed my heart that he was so upset when I left and I ended up crying while he was gone and just could not stop thinking about him. BUT- today my big boy went into his classroom, handed a card to his teacher and did not shed a tear!! He said mamma a couple of times and I thought he was going to begin the meltdown, but he never did. I was so proud of him that he had finally understood that he would go to MDO and that Mommy would be back to get him. Although, I was sad because he is growing up. He looked up to me and said, "Bye". And I thought no I want you to miss me, but yet," Bye Big Boy, I am so pround of you!!!"

1 comment:

Julie Shaw said...

It is amazing that when we wish the kids would just grow up and then when they do, it just makes us sad! I'm so proud of Parker, that is such a huge step. Give him a big hug for us!