Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend getaway!!!

The kids have been at the farm with Mum and Pap since Saturday!! They are having a wonderful time as witnessed when calling to check on them:
Parker: Hi Mom! I want to stay down here forever and ever! Wanna talk to Mum!!!
Gigi: Mommy I wanna stay and wanna go home here at the farm with Mum... Okay?!
So it sounds as if they want to stay there forever!!! I love them so much... but gosh a break is great!! It also though told me it is not always greened on the other side of the fence. So many times I think back to my life without kids and escape there for just a second. I think about not being responsible for two others that are totally dependent on you. I think about being on my own schedule. I think about quietness. I think about organized. And then I experience that life is slow and boring without them here! Gosh- I never thought that I would think that. Now do not get me wrong... I slept in(much needed), I got my whole house cleaned... I mean really cleaned, I ran errands, took a nap, took a shower and shaved my legs, and got to church!! All of those things were a blessing to me, but it just half the fun with out the kids!! I think that I prefer life with them in our busy, crazy, loud, and chaotic life better!! It was quiet here... almost too quiet. It was organized... until they came home. I was rested.. till I cant sleep and am up typing this at 2 am!!! It was a wonderful weekend and a much needed break, but I was happy to see the kids when I went to get them!!! Thanks to Mum and Pap for taking care of them and meeting all their needs. They do that in a wonderful spoiled grandparent way!!! They love you both so much... and so do I!!!

No comments: