Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gotton Behind...

I have missed a few days... but still loving our summer. The rain has set in and so we spent the last two days inside! There seems to have been some chores that have been neglected and needed tending too! So I made a fun game out of it and the kids helped out!! We used old socks for dust cloths and turned up the music and did a little cleaning dancing!! They loved to spray the spray bottle cleaner and then I wiped things down. Gigi got her vacuum and "vacuumed" along side me!! We had fun tackling the chores!! And then came the big day... Parker's first T-ball practice!! He has been so excited for Friday to get here. We had a countdown going and he has been begging to put on his baseball pants and cleats!! So, Friday was all centered around baseball. Time came to go and Parker was fired up!! Chanting and singing in the car, dressed in his "uniform" and bat, ball and glove in hand! When we arrived, we met and mingled with the other parents and team players. Parker seemed shy. It was his turn to bat. He did great and hit all three of them right off that Tee! Then came time to go out into the field and catch balls. Parker decided that he did not like catching balls. He was upset and did not want to play anymore. He told us "I do not want to be a baseball player anymore!" I guess he realized that batting was not all there is to baseball!!! He pouted and got alittle mad, but finally participated with his team! Mum and Pap met us there and then we all went out for some Mexican!! Yum Yum!! We love to meet and do dinner on Friday nites... tradition is good! And then home it was. Parker got home and wanted to throw some balls with his daddy. They rolled the ball in the hallway and played " alittle ball"! He told me before bed, that he had fun and does want to be a baseball player! I guess I will not call and ask for a refund!







What has miss priss been up to?... well she is learning to use the potty! I swore against little pottys and would not have one with Parker. However, G is afraid of the big potty and since she is about to be 3, I figured we must get this girl out of diapers. So a little potty it had to be! She has been doing great and is motivated by GUM!!! So each time she "goes" she gets a piece! She is getting the hang of it... it will just take time!!



We are doing house projects today... inside... it's raining!

1 comment:

Kim Ashley said...

Yall are having all kinds of fun!! I want to just come hang out with yall for the summer :)