First a thank you to ALL those who have served and are serving our country so that we may experience Freedom! It is a blessing to be an American. Thank you to those men and women.
Secondly, we had a stormy day here in Bama! But between the rain and storms, we managed to get in some outdoor fun. At lunch we played outside at a neighbors. Parker had an accident. He fell on the slick garage floor and hit the concrete- FACE FIRST! Parker cried, no screamed longer than any other time he has gotten hurt. I was not sure if he had really hurt himself or he was just mad. After the crying drama, I noticed that his tooth had been knocked back. He got a ugly scrape to his chin, hand and foot and a swollen busted lip! It is cute, though, to see him with that pouty lip! Tonite his tooth is turning grey- not good- think I need to call the dentist tomorrow.
And then when it rains... it pours... but God is teaching me to trust Him. I had a bad attitude in tithing yesterday. Money has been tight and several unexpected financial matters have arisen lately and so I needed to keep that money and not give it to God. I thought if I could just keep this we would be a little ahead. But with out bitter attitude I wrote the check and put it in the basket. It bothered me all nite. Then today I went and started my car and it made a terrible noise and then antifreeze went pouring out underneath the car. It would not crank. After Todd worked on it this afternoon to find the problem- the water pump broke in half. Now I do not know much about cars, but when he found out what happened he was shocked. The water pump is made of a hard metal that I think if you threw against the brick wall it would not crack. And it was only 6 months old. Todd was puzzled. But I know that it is God saying to me- Trust me... I'll take care of all your needs. I struggle with this daily and he brings me back to Him daily. Thank goodness. So- I am trusting that God will provide, because we do not have the money right now to fix it. This is the place that he likes to bring me to- total dependence on Him. And I need to depend on Him- completely. I am stranded at home... but that allowed me to get alot of projects done at the house today that needed to be done, but I am normally too busy. God has a plan... I must listen and follow His will for me.
To end this fun day- Pap, Mum, Jen, and Keith B came to cookout. Pap grilled out the best pork chops and Mum and Jen made all the fixin's!! I made dessert, Remember orange dreamsicles? It was a spin on a classic that I loved from childhood. It was delicious! We took a walk after dinner and then sat outside and talked! Thanks for the fun and tasty time! Happy Memorial Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMG I'm SO sorry about Parker's fall!!! Kenley apparently can climb out of her high chair and took a dive the other day. It was terrifying. She was SCREAMING, I was crying thinking she had to at least have a concussion. Awful. All that to say...I hope he's better and his little tooth is ok. Big hugs to Parker and mama!!!!
And girl...I feel your pain on the finances and needing to understand and trust in God's timing. Whew it's hard sometimes.
Wow Melanie! I hope Parker's tooth etc wil heal soon.
As far as in trusting GOD to support our needs, you sound like you are in the same boat with me.
Looking forward to more blog post. :)
Wow...you've had so much on your plate. Hang in there. Your trust in the Lord is encouraging.
Post a Comment