Tuesday, May 12, 2009
On the mend..
We are all finished with antibiotics today!! Everyone finished their last dose before the last day of Mother's Day Out!! It is bittersweet. I hate the rush of getting ready and the need to be out the door at 8:55, but I love the freedom that comes with being kid free for 4 hours. So... although I will not have to get up early to get to school, I also will not get a break two days a week. I am excited though. I want to truly use this summer to be WITH my kids. I want to experience life with them on a day to day three and two year old way! Oh that rhymes!! I want to do things with them rather than to just occupy them. I want to spend time with them rather than hope for the time to pass. I want to enjoy them. I have been so convicted of this lately. I just feel that they are growing up so fast and I have a long list of things to do that never seems to get any shorter. I focus more on the things to do and the things in my life. They love me so much and want so many times for me to "watch mommy" and I do not just take the time to sit in the floor and see what it is that is intriguing to them . This summer I want to see what those things are. So in the spirit of wanting to capture these things in their life and hold on to these precious memories I am going to post everyday.. yes everyday... so that I can have a "journal" of this special time with the kids. Hope that you will read along as WE enjoy our summer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so glad y'all are all well! And I LOVE your idea for the summer! I can't wait to read your "everyday" posts!!! And I am so encouraged to hear about another Mama out there struggling with those same feelings and things I too struggle with. I'm trying so hard to get all my freelance knocked completely out and to finish all those "projects" I've been putting off, in an effort to be free to sit and play and soak up this sweet time. It is flying by too fast. Makes me sad. And you're so right. The "to do" list never gets any shorter. There's always something calling to me...thanks for the encouragement!
I can't wait!! I log into your blog almost everyday to see what you guys are up to!!
We can't wait!! I check your blog almost everday. I love to hear what is going on in your lives.
Love you!!
I hope you have a wonderful summer with the kids! I cant wait to read about all the fun things yall get into.
i hear you friend. i feel the SAME way. thanks for reminding me. hopefully i can enjoy them this summer and not stress out about "stuff" and "things to do". looking forward to seeing you some over the summer too!
Post a Comment