Monday, May 18, 2009

Friday Play






Today was a perfect day to get outside. We had a birthday party this morning... great job Lindsey!! It was the perfect party... and then came home to hot and sticky weather outside which can only mean one thing- get the little pool out!! Now I am a huge fan of the "little pool". I buy one every summer and discard at the end of the summer. It is durable to with stand Parker jumping into it, sliding into it, and sitting on the edge! It has so many functions. Last year, I bought it alittle early in the season for warm weather and so we used it in the garage and filled it with plastic balls!! I love to sit outside and put my feet in it as well! I think you can't beat a "little pool"... there $10 at Walmart.
I was also cleaning out my cabinets in the kitchen...thanks to Ashley for an amazing spring cleaning of my kitchen... and saved all my unexplainable items- two sets of plastic measuring cups, odd and end spoons, bowls, plastic cups... I decided that if you want to make sand pies it would be more fun to make them using "real" items. So the kids "baked" the afternoon away!! It was so fun to see their little imagination growing and them playing together so well!! Even though Parker was making cupcakes!! They would bring me a homemade treat once in a awhile as I was catching up reading in my Southern Living!!

It was off to a nap and then Pap and Mum came for dinner!! The kids were worn out and tierd from a busy day, so baths and bedtime came early!! Thanks Mom and Dad for dinner!! We love our scheduled Friday nites with y'all!! And Jen Jen came too!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

we love a good baby pool too! elle usually slides in to it. glad ya'll had a fun day. and love that you had a few days alone. i know it's good but it also reminds you how full life is with two little ones! i'm contemplating sending my two to dothan for a couple days with the grandparents...