I could have done this:
Or even this:
But I choose to go outside with the kids and do this:
Play in the rain!!!!
It was so much fun to just be outside even in the rain. They enjoyed running around in the rain and they both love to put on their rain boots! So we stayed outside for a while and then came in dried off, ate lunch and took a long nap!!! That is one wonderful thing about the rain- dark room + cool + constant sound = long nap!! And I needed a nap today. I just felt really tierd today, maybe it was the rain!!
So nothing got done today at the house and you know what? I am okay with that, because at the end of the day I felt like I had accomplished much more than some chores. Parker told me while saying prayers and reading a book, "Mom we had fun today, can we do it again?!" Sure we can- we are going to do it all summer!!! And hopefully the house will not fall to pieces in the process, but if it does- oh well!!
2 comments:
love, love, love that!!! good for you!
Oh that looks like so much fun!!! I'm jealous! Yall are going to have an awesome Summer
Post a Comment