Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday Disaster
Monday was off to a usual Monday start. We had slept in till 10 am because we were out late after Church with some friends for dinner and the kids did not get to bed till way past bed time. But.. I'll always take a morning to sleep in. We got up had breakfast, started some laundry, straightened up here and there and then decided to take our old bread to the lake(or pond) and feed the ducks and fish. The pond is right outside our street and in our neighboorhood. So I fed the kiddos lunch, gathered our bread, jumped into the car, buckled the kids, and headed for the pond. As I pulled out of our street onto the main neighboorhood street, I passed a police car and put on my seat belt, It kind of prompted me to put it on, but I also had just gotton a second to tend to my own needs- moms you will understand this! I drove through 4 stop signs and turned into the pond area and up behind me is a police car with its lights on. He proceeds to my car. I am thinking did I run a stop sign? What did I do? And then apears Mr. Officer. Wow. I went to high school with him. So I told him who I was and refreshed his memory of how we knew one another. He asked for my license and insurance. Parker is hysterical in the back seat crying- " Don't take me or my mommie to jail"... over and over. And G is saying "Is that Daddy?" So I proceeded to tell the officer that Daddy is a police officer too! And he kindly told me that my insurance card had expired. I told him it was all legit, he could verify that with my husband who is a police officer at_____. He never acknowledged me and told me he would be right back. He returned with a TICKET for me because he had seen me without my seatbelt on and had seen me put it on! What? Are you kidding me? Am I on a funny prank show? He asked where I work... I told him I was a nurse- figured that might help me out since I worked at the ER where they would bring his wounded body into. Nope- not a bit of grace. He told me to sign here and to go to court on this date and then have a nice day. I was furious. Now do not get me wrong. I waited to put my seatbelt on after I had begun driving my car... but come on- in my neighboorhood not a mile from my house? And I am feeding the ducks with my two kids while my police officer husband is a t work. And I am a nurse? Does any of that not warrent a warning? I guess not. Parker is still upset and talking about mommies ticket! We went on and fed the ducks, but in my anger I ddi not take any pictures. I was too busy telling Todd my story. Well see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Mel!
APD or PPD? Just curious... ;)
I hate that for you! Uh! I can't believe he didn't cut you any slack with your husband being an officer. You'll have to tell me your hubby's reaction to that!
okay, that is hilarious but not funny at the same time. i love that parker was hoping you didn't get taken to jail. hoping it all gets washed away...
Oh I would have been FURIOUS for all the reasons you listed AND I think it's ridiculous that the Federal Government MAKES me put on a seat belt. Of course I always do b/c I like to be safe but that should be my decision.
I do think Parker's reaction is priceless though!!
Post a Comment