Monday, December 1, 2008

December!!!

Today is the first of December and I am so excited about this time of year, yet stressed that the Big day is only 24 days away! Like i mentioned in another post, every year I promise myself to start shopping for Christmas early and to be finished by Thanksgiving. I do not know why I cannot accomplish this. Each year I say- Okay next year!
We'll I am going to try really hard to post each day of December. My sweet Grandmother in CA needs to read some new posts! So this is an early new years resolution!! Nothing like making blogging a priority!
Last nite we put up our tree! Now we have just gotten in from traveling for Thanksgiving and all the luggage and stuff has not been put away. But I could not resist the temptation to leave it all there and put up the tree! I was set on getting a white tree this year and not a prelit tree. I had a beautiful green prelit tree for the past 5 years but last year a strand of the lights went out. Once that happens on a prelit tree it is no longer any good. So I went out looking for a non prelit tree. They are hard to find might I add. But luckily Walmart saved the day!! I have been dreaming of how this tree would look with all my red and lime green ornaments. My theme this year stripes, red, lime green, and Presents!!! I have this image in my mind about how all this would look. I guess you know where I am going with this- It does not look like the dreams I had! The wire on the lights is green and it looks terrible on a white tree. My ornaments really do pop though against the white! I am torn. Take it down and get a green tree(or a "real(not meaning live)" Christmas tree as Todd says)((I mean can a White tree not be a real Christmas tree)), hunt for white lights with white wire, or not have a tree(this idea came after Gigi has broken several of my ornaments already)! I am going to post the tree- you know a picture is worth a thousand words!! Let me know what you think!


2 comments:

Keith and Meredith said...

Aw, Mel, you can't NOT have a tree! Gigi can break only break the ornaments she can reach, so put cheaper ornaments on the bottom!
I vote for keeping a tree, no matter what you choose....

Kim Ashley said...

Oh I love the tree!!! I think it is fabulous. I never even knew until last night that they had Christmas light on white strings...I just had never paid any attention to it. I think your tree is just great!