Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I am doing it...or really Parker is doing it!!!

We have started potty training. At this point in the day we have had 7 accidents and two successes!! I just decided this morning that we were going to be a big boy and use the potty... no more diapers- not to mention that I only have two left!! When I explained to Parker this morning that he was a big boy, he started crying and saying that he was "not big boy, baby boy..." This continued for about 20 minutes. We read a book on Potty Time and talked about how we would tell mamma, and that he could do it. I set my timer for 40 minutes(this is the time between breakfast and the first time he teeteed). We sat on the toliet for the first time and he said teetee or poopoo? I said either and if you go then we will have a treat. He did not go. So, we washed our hands and went back out in the den, lr, dr, and kitchen to play- these all have hardwoods. The carpet rooms were off limits as was the couch! And not two minutes later- "oh, teeteed.?!" So, he had had an accident. We went and sat on the potty and he did not go. We changed pants and washed our hands and started back at square one. This went on till lunch. At lunch he said- 'Mamma teetee?" So I hurried him to the potty and he went!!! Here is a picture of our first success and his big boy unders- that is what he calls them!
I am ready to just slap a diaper back on that hiney, but I know that I need to do this and he needs to do this. When I stop to think about the extra $35 every two weeks, I think yes We can!!!!

4 comments:

jessica said...

Yah for Parker and Yah for you for persevering!

Julie Shaw said...

Oh honey I feel your pain! Austin has been like half potty trained for a while and just wearing pull ups, but last week i decided I was sick of buying them so now we are totally in big boy underwear. Speaking of accidents Austin just came upstairs saying he was wet!! Ahhhhh! I hate potty training!

Keith and Meredith said...

Yea for Parker! What a BIG boy!

Sam Duffey said...

Just like dad.