We headed out to a playdate with my sweet friends Jessica and Peggy and played at Chickfila. Chickfila always makes you feel better and makes Parker happy. After that it was time for the dentist. We had talked alot about going and about what they would do. We have been brushing our teeth twice a day in preparation for the big day!! We got to the office and Parker was calm and excited. I was a frazzled nervous wreck!! We signed in and sat down. A very cute office in sea life themes and tailored to children. Small doors for them, a play area, kiddy seats, a little toilet, and the nicest staff who truly loved their job- you could tell. We met with Ruthie Toothie, as she called herself, and saw a short video on teeth cleaning. After that she told Parker that she had his favorite trains- Percy and Thomas in the back and they were waiting on him to get his teeth cleaned. To my suprise, he grabed her hand and walked out of the room with her and to the back. I went out to the waiting room and waited for what seemed like eternity, till they came and told me he had done terrific. I mean what was I so worried about- we are talking about Parker- he always does such an amazing job and I always worry too much. Dr. Rohner gave us a great report and told us that we should begin to think about getting rid of the passy. So here we go again- something for me to worry about now!!!
And then the day ended with the ending of the treasure box. It is offically empty and I think that Parker has conqured potty training both #1 and #2!! We had started off using the treasure box for #1 but once he got the hang of that we used it only when he did #2. This week he has done very good with #2 and so the end of the treasure box came tonite. Although it was a stressful process, I am very proud of Parker and glad that he has done so well.
So things begin and things end and gosh my children are growing up so fast. I just want to freeze them and hold onto these milestones. But I know that there are so many other beginings and endings to come and I do look forward to those wonderful memories.
Here is a picture of the last prize in the Treasure Box- This one is for Granpie- Parker is ready to help you grill out for the fourth!!!!
1 comment:
Hey! I am so impressed with the potty training thing! I'm about to loose it with Austin!!! He peed in his pants 3 times today! and he still will not do the other thing in the potty! For as smart as this kid is he is just not getting it! Help!!
Julie
Post a Comment