Thursday, November 15, 2007
Why is it...
...when it rains it pours? This post is not about the kids- sorry!! It is about one of those days when everything went wrong. Every time that the phone rang I wondered what now. It started with getting up late and Parker had school. So I hurried and got us out the door and to school only 15 minutes late. When we got there he started crying, I mean screaming, and not wanting to stay at Moms Day Out. He has not done this since way earlier in the school year and it makes me so sad to leave him. But, I had so much to do and Mum was going to pick him up for me. So I hurried to do my errands. I ran to Walmart before Gigi needed a nap and when I got to the checkout my debit card would not work. It said to call some 1800 number and activate it. Okay- I have had this card for two years and there was no reason to activate it now. And I knew that there was money in the account and that the card was not expired. I thought to myself- lady- I need these groceries now in order to get home before this one year old throws a fit because it is nap time! She said you may go to the service desk and call and see what the problem is and I will hold your groceries here. No- I thought I am not the problem, what if it is your machine. So I put them on the emergency credit card which I never use just because I needed to go!! So here in all this time since our flood I have not used the emergency card and I had to just use it over Walmart groceries because my card does not work and my child needs a nap! So I rolled my groceries out to the car and hurried home to put Gigi in bed. I thought to myself I'll have enough time to put them up and clean up the house before Mum comes home with Parker. I put up the groceries and decided to start a load of laundry. As I entered the laundry room, there was water all over the floor. I mean what? Yes, water and I have no idea where from. Luckily it is all tile in there now and so I looked to see where the water was coming from and there was no source to be found. I turned off the water behind the washing machine, I learned this from last time, and got some towels to soak up the water on the floor. I called Todd and no answer so I called my dad. He said dry it up put a fan on it and he was coming. During my conversation my other line rang three times and it was my mom. I thought what now, she said her car would not start and she was getting someone to jump start it at her work and thought that she would not be able to get Parker. This meant that Gigi's nap would be short and that would be a problem in and of itself. So, I managed to finish cleaning up the water and straighten up before I had to wake up Gigi and head out to get Parker. My mom called about 30 minutes later and her car had just quit on highway 31 at a busy intersection at a red light. She was freaking out and did not know what to do- I thought I got enough going on here that I do not know either!! So my dad had to go and help Mom and then go to court so the water in the laundry room had to wait. I got in my car to go get Parker and looked at the dash and the check engine light was on!! I mean is it a day for car trouble or what? I picked her up and headed to get Parker with Mum. He was so excited and glad to see her- which was the only highlight of the day it seemed. So my question is why does everything seem to go wrong all at once?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment