Monday, November 26, 2007

After the Turkey Holiday











We'll we are home from our fun vacation to Mum-Mum's and Pop's, and it is sad that Thanksgiving is over. It seems as if we have been planning it since it was over last year and looking forward to going to Knoxville to celebrate. We could not wait to take a road trip with all the other millions of travelers on the busiest travel day of the year and talk and laugh in the car with the family. We listened to Christmas music and reminisced about life in the Wise family!!! We were all packed up which started weeks ago for me and yet I still seem to forget needed items- like toothpaste, shampoo, socks, and a coat for Gigi!! I make lists and check them over and over and still seem to miss some things. I am convinced that they actually have legs and get up and walk out of the luggage!! We were headed to one of the best holiday meals anywhere because my aunt can cook like no other. We have all been imagining the taste of sweet potato casserole on our lips for months. IT is the best!! And the weather was going to be colder than at home with chances of rain, which is great because I forgot Gigi's jacket!, but it meant that there would be a chance of snow?! And last, but certainly the most important was to see our family and let the kiddos play together. It was so much fun to travel up and even better when we pulled in the drive and saw everyone.
Thanksgiving day was easy, I guess because I did not do anything. The hardest part of the day was trying to figure out which ads to look at and then determine what time we should head out to get our bargains!! The kids played and ran and played some more. The Mum's cooked and we just lounged around to wait on the best meal of the year. And it was- complete with everything to help start the holiday weight gain!! We had Christmas with everyone after the meal, and it was truly like Christmas was here. We got all kinds of special things from books, to clothes, to fudge to decor items! We had paper everywhere and dads trying to get toys out of boxes for little girls and boys!! It was a very fun time. And then it was off to organize out Black Friday plan. We have always been big talkers about getting up really early and going out with the crowds, but this year I meant business. I wanted to get a couple of great deals for Santa and so I need to be up and out by 4AM!!! And you know what, We did it!!! It was crazy and unlike anything that I had ever seen. People, I mean People everywhere and their eyes just feasted on the doors opening and running in to get their bargain. And we were right there with those other crazies!! But, we did really well and I think that some of you reading this will be quite surprised come Christmas morning!! However, when we got home at 9:30 AM we were exhausted and thought we had been out all day, yet the kids were just getting up and I wanted to just go to sleep. So what do you do- Just head back out for more shopping until you all drop and then come back and take a nap!!! And that is exactly what we did!!! Saturday was filled with Football!!! The Tennessee game against Kentucky was a blast to watch and cheer on. And then the Iron Bowl, and that is all that we will say. Sunday we traveled back home in a caravan together because Todd got to come up on Friday! We had a relaxing time in the truck getting to talk and catch up with each other since it seems so busy at home to just sit and talk. It was a great time and we thank Mum-Mum and Pop for the best Thanksgiving and memories that we will never forget!! So now- Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: