Sunday, November 11, 2007

I think that we are getting it...

Today Parker has decided to begin putting words together. I have waited for this time when we could begin conversation and I could understand what his precious little mind was thinking. I got onto Gigi for getting in to something and said..."Halle Grace no!". Parker kindly reminded me "No mama, Gigi grace!!!" So we started talking about middle names. I told him that Grace was Gigi's middle name. He said "One Gigi, Two Grace"!!!! Yes- her first name is Gigi and her second name or middle name is Grace. So all day he called her Gigi Ace- the Gr was silent!!! It made my heart melt and I felt like his mind was beginning to put concepts together, be them small concepts, but we are making progress. At bedtime- I told him that he had a special middle name and that it matched Pap's and Mum's. So I explained to him that We had named him Parker Wise. He said no- Bubba Wise!! And yes, this is what he calls himself so technically it is Bubba Wise!!! And then he started putting the names together for Mum and Pap! Mum Wise and Pap Wise and then the little genius said and JenJen Wise!! He is so smart and I am so glad that we have gotten to this point. I believe that conversation is about to take off. I may be posting later that I wish he would stop talking but for now let the talking begin!!!

1 comment:

Julie Shaw said...

Congratulations! I guarantee You will wonder why you wanted him to talk in the first place. My almost 3 year old is starting to argue with me! I always win!