Tuesday, August 26, 2008
First Day of Mother's Day Out
Today was the first day of Mommy has her own time to do anything she wants day!!! That is from 9am to 1pm!!! I felt so free that I did not even know what to do first. I did though... shed some tears. There were alot of mixed emotions. The first day and Todd was not there to see them off and had not been home in several days. My emotions were already a little out of whack over all of that. My "baby" Gigi is old enough to go to MDO. My "little Boy" Parker is attending 3 year old kindergarten, Yes that is what they call it. It was raining. Parker had to be "dropped off" through a carpool line and as the door opened and his loving teacher got him out he screamed-"No No Mommy, Do not leave me. No Mommy don't drive off." Now those words would have made a grown man cry! I just felt so sad, guilty, and hurt that he thought I was leaving him. It made for a tough drive off to drop Gigi off. Gigi gets to be taken into her classroom. I had prepared my self that Gigi would cry. Parker did at her age and she has had a very strong attachment to me, so I knew that this would be hard for her. However, I did not prepare myself for Parker to behave in that manner. e had talked and talked and talked about "drop off" and gotten excited about it, but when the time came he was not excited. Today was a day that when nap time came all of us went out like a light. It was exhausting and emotional, and I was glad to just be able to call it a day!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know that had to be hard for them and you. They look so cute on their first day!!
Post a Comment