I was reading about what her Mom wrote on the physical way that this condition has changed Katherine. I remember her as a beautiful, I mean really beautiful woman and her face was always full of laughter and a smile. I was just taken by how she was being described by her Mom and how hard it must be for them to look at their daughter knowing all she is going through. I was just weeping at the sorrow I could feel in her mothers words. About that time I looked up to much laughter and saw Parker and Gigi covered in lotion. Parker was telling me that he was shampooing Gigi's hair. She had wads of hair soaked in lotion and it was all over Parker and the floor. Now normally, we'll I better not tell you what I normally would have done because some of you might get the wrong impression of me. So this time, I just sat there tears rolling down my face thanking the Lord Jesus that I have both of my kids here at home with me and that they are healthy, smart, beautiful children of God. I was just so thankful that we are not undergoing what this family is and that we are able to spread lotion all over the floor. I can only imagine that Kim Arnold would love to take back moments where Katherine and her sisters were being "kids" and trade spaces with me from the side of Katherines hospital bed to being at home in her PJ's with her kids. So, I just paused and said thank you Jesus for your love for me and grace to me to make me humble in this moment. So I told the kids - "Okay to the bath." They said- "Hooray, bath!!!"
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Shampooing, a mess, and a lesson learned
We'll this should be an update on another post of "where we have been", but there is something more important to blog on. My college friend, Katherine Arnold Wolf, has suffered a tragic medical problem and is in ICU in Los Angeles, CA in critical condition. I look at the website to check on her latest condition each hour. Her families faith through all of this has been such an inspiration to me. Could I if something happened to Parker or Gigi stand firm in my faith as the Arnolds and Wolfs have done? I only pray that I would never be tested in the way that this family has but I do pray to have their faith. You can read more about Katherine at www.katherinewolf.info and on her Mom's blog listed under my friends blogs to the right.
I was reading about what her Mom wrote on the physical way that this condition has changed Katherine. I remember her as a beautiful, I mean really beautiful woman and her face was always full of laughter and a smile. I was just taken by how she was being described by her Mom and how hard it must be for them to look at their daughter knowing all she is going through. I was just weeping at the sorrow I could feel in her mothers words. About that time I looked up to much laughter and saw Parker and Gigi covered in lotion. Parker was telling me that he was shampooing Gigi's hair. She had wads of hair soaked in lotion and it was all over Parker and the floor. Now normally, we'll I better not tell you what I normally would have done because some of you might get the wrong impression of me. So this time, I just sat there tears rolling down my face thanking the Lord Jesus that I have both of my kids here at home with me and that they are healthy, smart, beautiful children of God. I was just so thankful that we are not undergoing what this family is and that we are able to spread lotion all over the floor. I can only imagine that Kim Arnold would love to take back moments where Katherine and her sisters were being "kids" and trade spaces with me from the side of Katherines hospital bed to being at home in her PJ's with her kids. So, I just paused and said thank you Jesus for your love for me and grace to me to make me humble in this moment. So I told the kids - "Okay to the bath." They said- "Hooray, bath!!!"





I was reading about what her Mom wrote on the physical way that this condition has changed Katherine. I remember her as a beautiful, I mean really beautiful woman and her face was always full of laughter and a smile. I was just taken by how she was being described by her Mom and how hard it must be for them to look at their daughter knowing all she is going through. I was just weeping at the sorrow I could feel in her mothers words. About that time I looked up to much laughter and saw Parker and Gigi covered in lotion. Parker was telling me that he was shampooing Gigi's hair. She had wads of hair soaked in lotion and it was all over Parker and the floor. Now normally, we'll I better not tell you what I normally would have done because some of you might get the wrong impression of me. So this time, I just sat there tears rolling down my face thanking the Lord Jesus that I have both of my kids here at home with me and that they are healthy, smart, beautiful children of God. I was just so thankful that we are not undergoing what this family is and that we are able to spread lotion all over the floor. I can only imagine that Kim Arnold would love to take back moments where Katherine and her sisters were being "kids" and trade spaces with me from the side of Katherines hospital bed to being at home in her PJ's with her kids. So, I just paused and said thank you Jesus for your love for me and grace to me to make me humble in this moment. So I told the kids - "Okay to the bath." They said- "Hooray, bath!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mel- It is always such a good reminder to take time and laugh and enjoy your children even when they do the messy things! Thank you! hope to see you all soon
love that!! your kids are so funny! i can't wait to squeeze gigi on friday!!!
i wish our double wides were next door to each other and we could run across our astro-truf lawns to each other for a hug!! my heart goes out you and your friend. by the way...i too washed a friends hair in lotion. i got in BIG trouble and I am not afraid to tell you what my mom did...my bum hasn't been the same!! love you, jill
Post a Comment