Sunday, December 16, 2007

All Aboard...

Today, my dad took Parker and I on the most unbelievable trip ever. A train ride with Santa or as Parker calls him, "ho ho". It was awesome and Parker was just amazed at everything. The Heart of Dixie railroad in Calera has the Santa Express and today was the last day. We got to the station and got our tickets and played in the gift store and saw the museum. Then at 12:45 the whistle blew and we climbed aboard a real passenger car. It was the biggest train that Parker had ever ridden!! We got our seats and buckled in for a beautiful one hour ride into the woods. We saw the North Pole and Santa's workshop and then Santa got on board. He saw each child and gave them a bear. Mrs. Claus was with him too!! I am not sure if I was more excited or Parker!! I was not sure how he was going to react. He had said going to the train "No hoho Pap" and Pap responded "No hoho", so when Hoho jumped aboard I was not sure how it was going to go. Parker just grabbed a hold of Pap and stared. I think that the picture says it all.

It was cold but lots of fun and something that Parker will cherish and will not stop taking about. Thanks Pap!!!




No comments: