Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My heart is heavy....

My heart is heavy and hurts. This week our city laid to rest the first officer killed in the line of duty. Pelham Officer Philip Davis was killed by gunfire after a traffic violation turned into a fight for his life. It has hit so close to home and caused some of my worst fears to surface. I cannot imagine what this wife is experencing right now. Her children so young they may not remember their father. Parents whom have buried their son in their lifetime. A police department who has lost a brother. It has been an emotional week and a week that has caused me to look at my life and to cherish the moments that I have with Todd. They may be short moments in the early morning when he leaves for work, calls during the day, or times when he has gotton in late and I am asleep but I know that he is home and worry can end. In all of them I know he is okay and he is safe. I trust God to protect him. I know that God will protect him. I know that God's protection may not be the outcome I want someday, but I trust. However- With all that trust that you can place in your faith, the ache in your heart is deep and painful. Please thank the policemen that you see for their commitment to their jobs even if it means their life. They work in a position where their lives are on the line everyday just for you as a citizen in that city. They dont get paid for the bravery. They dont really want the credit. But it means alot to know that people care. The world is becoming a violent place where you cant be sure of anyone. I ask that God's protection and angles surround the men and women who serve and protect and at the end of the day He will take them home to the people who do care and love them so much.

1 comment:

Wanting What I Have said...

Reading this gave me chills.

I feel so little and ill-equipped, so tiny and like it's just not enough saying this, but thank you. Thank you to you and Todd. I realize you are both making sacrifices for his service as a police officer. Thank you.

God bless you both and keep you and make His face to shine upon you.

With Love,
J