Daddy has gone to Honduras for the week. He left very very early on Saturday morning, so for the kids it really has felt like Friday nite that he left. It was okay at first... got lots done, ate cereal for dinner, Mum and Pap came for a visit, but now it is making me sad. Not sure why... we have dealt with times in our marriage where he is gone for a time or works alot and I am here by myself with the kids... but today it has made me teary. Could be emotions, could be all the rain we've had, could be me just having a moment to let it all out... not sure. I do know that it make my heart happy to know that I miss him and miss the familiarity of knowing that he is at work, asleep, outside in the garage... just not in another country.
So- On a funnier note Parker asked Daddy why he was moving out! And then wanted to know what I did to make Daddy move out!!! Kids! We got a good laugh at it and tried to explain what Daddy was going to do and looked at a map to see where daddy was going... but at 3 you can't comprehend those things. So in his mind Daddy moved out- for 8 days only!!!
Gigi was oblivious to the whole thing, but realizes now that Daddy is not here! She inquired this morning where he was and once again I tried to explain... no success!
We miss you Daddy and look forward to your return!
In the meantime... we have some fun plans to try and occupy our time this week- so check back!




3 comments:
sorry you are without him but glad you are missing him! i'm sure he'll be ready to see you guys too! hope the week passes by really fast... if parker needs a friend, let me know:).
Maybe it's 'cause I'm pregnant, but this post made me teary. Hang in there. It is a wonderful feeling to realize how much we miss our men...and I'm with you...the familiarity of knowing T is asleep or at work, etc. is so wonderful and comforting and it's so hard when they are out of town. I hope the week will be a special time for you and the kids. I also hope it flies by in a good way. :)
Parker's comments are too funny! Todd will be home before you know it. Great pictures of the three of them! Enjoy your week! Love you!
Post a Comment