No- I do not mean basketball!! I mean life here in the La Casa!! It has been a crazy March, so far. Todd has been out of town since the begining of the month, and the kids behave much better when Daddy is around. I have come to this realization after having them by myself all week, and it is just Wed. Not to mention that I am board beyond words and need to have an adult conversation. I miss Todd waking up in the afternoon and coming around the corner into the den and thinking yes, I have someone to reason with and have conversation!! I guess you learn what you take for granted when it is not here. The kids have been on their absolute worst- Parker wanting to sleep with me each nite- "Dada not here- Mama's bed?", Gigi getting fustrated over everything because her Daddy isn't here to distract her by getting her sugar- "no,no,no,NO!", and Parker deciding that he is going to ask me 100 times if I am happy- I guess he can tell- "you happy?"!!!
Now- do not feel sorry for me- it has not been all bad!! Mom and Dad and Jenn came and we braved the storm on Monday nite and that was fun. We had everyone here and it was a big storm party, complete with new spring oreos!! Those are the best cookie complete with milk at 2 am watching the storm with your mom and sis!! And today I had a meeting at Samford and my Dad braved it with the kids. I also learned that they act better for him too!! Must be a man thing?!! Tonite my Mom is coming over for dinner and just to see her favorite grands!!! So- it has been a fun week with distraction from the ordinary thanks to my family. However- it has been a long week without Dada here to keep us all in line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor Melanie! Come home quickly Todd!!
Hey Mel! Sounds like a crazy week! I hate when Jason is out of town. I just like having someone to say good night to. Hope to see you all soon!
Post a Comment